Gender-neutral toys guidelines
We know that children’s interests and skills can be shaped by the toys they play with. Early childhood play experiences can change peoples’ perceptions of gender and influence the choices they make in later life, including their career decisions. Despite this, todays' choice of toys remains highly gendered.
At moritoys, we believe the role of play should be to introduce children to the widest range of experiences possible. We do this by:
- designing our toys solely for play and developmental values
- never describing or classifying our toys by gender
- producing inclusive and bias-free designs and illustrations that reflect the world we envision for our children
- ensuring that girls and boys are represented equally in all our communication materials
- recognising the important parenting roles that mothers and fathers play in their childrens’ lives, and reflect this in our marketing materials